Purchase Signed Paperbacks

Signed Paperbacks

Email Me

Email me at Bethrinyu@gmail.com

Sunday, March 8, 2015

Less Than A To Week Go.....Who's Nervous? Not me!



As I sit here writing this blog post, I can't help but feel a little apprehension over having less than one week to go before my newest novel releases. I'm finding that no matter how many books you release it's a feeling you can't shake. I had started this story years ago and put it on the back burner before revisiting it last summer. I revamped the story line in my head, took a chance and threw in two other Pov's, and Melanie, Carrie and Gia were born! And, just like I can't imagine my world without my kids, I couldn't imagine my book world without these characters. I knew as I was writing this that their story couldn't stop at the end of this book. Carrie and Gia still had a whole grown up life to discover and their stories needed to be told. I was dying to know where they were gong to take me. 


So as I just hit 70k words in Book 2 I'm quite surprised by some of the decisions Carrie is making, but it's just like being a mom.....at some point you have to let them make their own choices and just hope they get that happily ever after. Am I worried that not enough people are going to read book 1, or not really care about what goes on any further after they do read it? I will admit, at first I was, but then I realized I'm writing Carrie and Gia's story for myself, because I wasn't ready to say goodbye to these characters. I needed to know what the future had in store for them. I know that some authors like to see how well the first book takes off, or if there is a demand for a second and third before they invest any further time into the same characters, and that is totally understandable. But, for me, these three books are personal,and Carrie and Gia deserve to have their entire story told. So, I may be wasting time and money,writing them, having them edited and having pretty covers designed, but when all is written and done, and I see all three books sitting on my end table, knowing that their stories are complete.... it will not have been in vain. 


 Until then....here's a little teaser from When The Chips Are Down (Book 1) releasing on March 14th.




No comments:

Post a Comment