Purchase Signed Paperbacks

Signed Paperbacks

Email Me

Email me at Bethrinyu@gmail.com

Friday, January 25, 2013

The up side of winter?





Now, I'm not going to say that I prefer winter over any of the other season's - because I don't! But since it's something we all have to deal with, well not all of us, if you are one of the fortunate ones that live in a warm climate all year round.  I'm directing this to the people who must endure the cold, dreary, bang your head against the wall months of January, February and March.  I know what your thinking.....I'm not making a good case for my title.  Well, believe it or not, there are some good things about winter:

  • No humidity, which means better hair days
  • Coffee always taste better in the winter (oh who am I kidding coffee always taste good no matter what time of year it is) But hot chocolate does!
  • Snow covered trees make a beautiful photo op 
  • A winter sky at sunrise can take your breath away and not just because it's cold (see photo above)
  • If you have a coat fetish like me - you finally get to break all of them out and accessorize with boots, hats scarves and gloves
  • You burn more calories walking in the cold (okay, I just made that up, but it sounded good)
  • You don't encounter those annoying people that ask "Is it hot enough for you?" on a hundred degree day (but you do encounter those that ask "cold enough for you?" on a 10 degree day)
  • you don't have to mow the lawn
  • The beach is just as beautiful in the winter as it is in the summer - and a lot less crowded!

Okay, that should be making you feel a little better on this freezing cold day....right?  Yeah, me neither! I'd much rather be here:


It was worth a try! Happy Friday!  

No comments:

Post a Comment